Bismarck Home and Renters Insurance

Homeowners Insurance

We represent multiple companies to find the best insurance for your home, renters, mobile home and anyplace else you call home.

Carriers vary by location.

Do I need Homeowners Insurance?

Yes, as a homeowner, it is highly recommended that you have homeowners insurance. It is important to protect your investment and personal belongings in the event of unexpected damages or incidents. Homeowners insurance typically covers damages due to natural disasters, theft, fire, and liability. Without insurance, you would be responsible for all costs associated with repairs and replacement of damaged property.

Additionally, if someone is injured on your property, you may be held liable for their medical bills and other related expenses. A good policy will provide peace of mind knowing that you are financially protected in the event of an unforeseen event. It is important to review your policy annually, to ensure you have the right coverage for your specific needs.

Bismarck Home and Renters Insurance

Do I need Renters Insurance?

Yes, it is highly recommended that you have renters insurance if you are renting a house or apartment. Renters insurance provides coverage for your personal belongings in case they are damaged, lost, or stolen. Additionally, renters insurance also provides liability protection in case someone is injured while visiting your home. Without renters insurance, you would have to pay out of pocket for any damages or injuries, which can be costly and can lead to financial hardship.

The cost of renters insurance is typically affordable and can provide peace of mind knowing that you are protected in case of an accident or unexpected event. It is always a good idea to talk to Robert, an insurance agent with Blue Paddle Insurance Agency to determine the best policy for your needs.

Do I Need Flood Insurance?

Whether or not you need flood insurance depends on several factors such as your location, the property type, and the flood risk in your area. Even if you are not in a high-risk flood zone, flooding can still occur from severe weather events or other unforeseen circumstances. Many home insurance policies do not include flood coverage, so it’s important to review your policy and consider purchasing a separate flood insurance policy. Additionally, if you live in a federally designated flood zone and have a mortgage, your lender may require you to carry flood insurance. Evaluating your flood risk and considering the potential financial impact of flood damage can help you make an informed decision about whether or not flood insurance is necessary for your situation. Call Blue Paddle Insurance Agency and we can determine if you are in a flood zone and advise you on coverage you may need. Go here for more information on flood insurance.

Bismarck Home and Renters Insurance
Bismarck Home and Renters Insurance

Do I need Mobile/Manufactured Home Insurance

Mobile or manufactured home insurance is necessary because a standard homeowner’s insurance policy may not cover your mobile or manufactured home adequately. A mobile home is constructed differently than a stick-built home; it is built in a factory on a steel frame with wheels and is transported to the site where it will be placed. This difference in construction and mobility can result in a higher risk of damages or loss compared to a traditional home.

Additionally, mobile homes are susceptible to weather damage such as high winds or hailstorms. A mobile home policy can protect you against damages to your home, personal property, and any injuries sustained by someone while on your property. It is essential to obtain mobile home insurance that adequately covers your property’s value and the risks involved. Therefore, mobile/ manufactured home insurance is a crucial investment to protect your asset and provide you with peace of mind.


Generally, we will need your name, address, phone number, How old of a home, roof, wiring and heating update date, your occupation, birthdate and marital status.  

If you have a homeowners claim, the first step is to notify your insurance company immediately. Most policies have specific time frames in which you must report a claim, so it is important to act quickly. Be prepared to provide as much information as possible about the damage or loss, including photos if applicable. Your insurance company will assign you a claims adjuster who will assess the damage and help you through the claims process. It is important to keep records of any expenses related to the claim, such as receipts for repairs, as you may be eligible for reimbursement. Make sure to follow any instructions given by your insurance company and be patient as the claims process may take some time. Finally, if you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to reach out to Robert at Blue Paddle Insurance Agency, LLC. 

A deductible is a predetermined amount of money that an individual must pay out of pocket before their insurance coverage begins to take effect. In other words, it’s the amount of money that the insured person is responsible for paying before their insurance company pays for any covered expenses. Deductibles apply to certain types of insurance policies, such as health, auto, and homeowner’s insurance and are determined based on the policyholder’s particular plan. Often, insurance companies offer a range of deductibles for the policyholder to choose from, with higher deductibles corresponding to lower monthly premiums. The purpose of a deductible is to encourage individuals to use their insurance coverage appropriately and responsibly and to help keep insurance premiums affordable for all policyholders.

An umbrella policy is an additional insurance policy that provides extra liability coverage beyond what your standard home, auto, or boat policy offers. It can be a good idea to have an umbrella policy to protect your assets in case of a liability claim against you that exceeds your current policy limits. This can happen if you are sued for damages in a car accident, slip and fall, or other incident.

However, whether or not you need an umbrella policy depends on several factors, including your net worth, the level of risk in your daily life, and the amount of coverage you have on your standard policies. If you have significant assets that could be at risk, or if you face a high risk of liability claims, then an umbrella policy may be a wise investment. It’s important to speak with an insurance professional at Blue Paddle Insurance agency who can evaluate your specific circumstances and help you determine if an umbrella policy is right for you.

Florida also requires a personal Umbrella when installing solar panels on a home.

The amount of homeowners insurance you need is dependent on the value of your home, the cost of rebuilding it, the cost of replacing your personal belongings within it, and how much liability coverage you want to have. In other words, the amount of homeowners insurance coverage you need will vary depending on your unique circumstances. It is generally recommended to have at least enough coverage to rebuild your home and replace your personal belongings in the event of a total loss, but in some cases it may be wise to have additional liability coverage to protect against potential lawsuits. It’s best to consult with Robert at Blue Paddle Insurance Agency, LLC to determine the exact amount of homeowners insurance coverage that’s right for you.

The NFIP defines Flooding as…A general and temporary condition of partial or complete inundation of two or more acres of normally dry land area or of two or more properties (one of which is your property) from:

  • Overflow of inland or tidal waters,
  • Unusual and rapid accumulation or runoff of surface waters from any source
  • Mudflow.

A flood is a natural disaster that occurs when an area or land is submerged in water. It happens when there’s an excessive amount of rainfall that the soil cannot absorb, causing rivers, lakes, or oceans to overflow their banks. Floods can also be caused by snow and ice melting quickly due to a rapid increase in temperature or when a natural or man-made structure like a dam breaks or collapses. Floods can cause significant damage to properties, infrastructure, and even human lives. They can cause transportation disruption, power outages, and water supply contamination.

To reduce the risk of flooding, people should avoid building on floodplains or areas with poor drainage systems. They can also minimize the risk by following authorities’ orders or evacuating when a flood warning has been issued.

At Blue Paddle Insurance we have the experience with Flood Insurance and can help you determine if you are in a flood zone or are in an area of concern.

The age limit for mobile homes to obtain insurance varies by insurance company and the state in which the mobile home is located. Some insurance companies may not insure mobile homes that are more than 20 years old while others may provide coverage for homes that are up to 40 years old.
The condition and maintenance of the mobile home may also be taken into consideration when deciding whether to provide insurance coverage. It is important for mobile home owners to shop around and compare insurance policies and rates from different companies to find the best coverage options for their individual needs.
Blue Paddle Insurance has programs for all ages of mobile homes depending on what state you live in.

The cost of renters insurance can vary depending on several factors, such as the location, the amount of coverage needed, and the deductible chosen. On average, renters insurance can cost anywhere from $10 to $30 per month. However, some policies may cost more or less depending on the level of coverage selected. Some of our carriers also offer discounts for bundling policies or for having safety features in the rental property, such as smoke detectors or fire extinguishers. Robert at Blue Paddle Insurance can give you a free quote.